Scanwell Health is an app that turns your smartphone into a clinical lab. By pairing traditional lab tests with computer vision technology, we make it possible to test from the safety of home and get instant results, without having to send samples back to a lab.
Our technology helps healthcare organizations provide better virtual care and improves access to diagnostics in low- and middle-income countries. Most recently, we’ve partnered with global medical technology company BD to power at-home testing for COVID-19.
About the job
As an iOS Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Designing and building advanced applications for the iOS platform
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Writing Unit Tests for robustness including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on resolving bugs and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience writing production iOS software
- Have published one or more iOS apps in the app store
- Deep familiarity with Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, and Core Graphics
- Experience writing Unit Tests with the XCTest framework and understanding of mocking and stubbing
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Experience localizing applications for multiple languages
- Experience with version control, task management, and documentation
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
Bonus points for
- Previous startup experience
- Knowledge of iOS Camera
- Experience in healthcare, medical devices, or related industries
- Experience working with OpenCV or other computer vision libraries
- Experience maintaining code that supports older versions of iOS
- Experience with Core Data for data persistence
- Strong design sense, passion for thinking through UX challenges, and accessibility
- Remote company
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
HSA with match
- 401k with up to 4% company match
- Generous paid time off policy
- Charitable donation matching
- Stipend for home office setup and food delivery
Scanwell Health is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity within the United States. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from candidates from underrepresented communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation and gender identity, and all those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to the diversification of Scanwell Health.